- Serves: 2
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 150 g Puy lentils
- 600 ml hot chicken stock
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 small dried red chillies, whole
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages, turning from time to time, for 5-8 minutes until golden on all sides.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
3. Add the lentils, stock, tomato and chilli. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer very gently for 40-45 minutes until the lentils are tender and most of the stock has been absorbed.
4. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and parsley and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
5. Spoon into warm bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe