- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 sheets ready-made filo pastry
- 30 g butter, melted
- 2 Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 100 g lancashire cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp apple chutney
1. Brush a sheet of filo pastry with melted butter and place on a greased baking tray. Brush the pastry with more butter before layering a second sheet on top. Brush this with butter, cover with a third sheet, brush with butter and scatter with cheese.
2. Add the final sheet of filo pastry and scatter more cheese on top of that.
3. Spread over enough chutney to thinly coat the pastry.
4. Take the sausages out of their skins, roll the sausagemeat into one long, thin sausage and position it lengthways down the centre of the pastry.
6. Fold the shorter sides of the pastry over the ends of the sausage and then roll it up into one large sausage roll and brush with the remaining butter.
7. Bake for around 30 mins at 200C/gas 6, or until the filo pastry has browned and the sausage is cooked though.
8. Serve with red cabbage and stilton slaw.
Rate This Recipe