- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potatoes
- 450 g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 orange and thyme pork sausages
- 4 red onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 25 g butter
1. For the sautéed potatoes: boil the new potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. For the sausages: heat the olive oil in a pan, add the sausages and fry until golden-brown all over and cooked all the way through. Set the sausages aside in a warm place.
3. Tip the onions into the pan and fry until softened. Add the red wine and butter and cook until reduced by half.
4. To finish the sautéed potatoes: heat the olive oil in a separate frying pan. Fry the potatoes in the oil until crisp.
5. Remove the potatoes from the heat and sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Serve the sautéed potatoes with the sausages and red onions.
Made with produce from Eastwoods Butchers - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe