- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 4 Cumberland sausages
- 4 British breakfast sausages
- 4 breakfast beef sausages
For the honey and mustard marinade (for the Breakfast with beef sausages):
- 4 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- soy sauce, to season
For the hot apple chutney:
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 150 ml brown malt vinegar
- 700 g Bramley apples, finely diced
- half tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 85 g raisins
- 175 g sugar
- black pepper
For the tomato raita:
- 225 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 120 g Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 limes
- Half a small chillies, chopped
- Half tsp cumin seeds, dry-roasted
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- black pepper
1. First prepare the tomato raita. Mix the tomato, spring onion, yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, chilli, cumin, mint, salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Next prepare the chutney. Place the chilli, onion and vinegar in a stainless steel saucepan. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Add the apple, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins and cook slowly, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the sugar, salt and freshly ground pepper and simmer, stirring now and then, until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Set aside to stand for 10 minutes then serve while warm.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade. In a bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, oil and soy sauce, to season.
7. Preheat the grill if grilling the sausages, alternately heat a frying pan. Dip the British with beef sausages into the marinade.
8. Grill or fry the sausages for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
9. Serve the freshly cooked sausages with the chutney and the raita
Rate This Recipe