- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 good quality pork sausages
- 300 g new potatoes
- 25 g butter
- 1 bulbs fennel, very finely sliced or shaved on a mandolin
- 1 shallot, very finely sliced
- 1 sticks celery, very finely sliced
- handfuls rocket
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausages to the pan and cook slowly, turning every now and then, for about 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
2. While the sausages are frying, cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes until tender then drain well.
3. When the sausages are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside to rest on a warm plate. Drain any excess fat from the frying pan but leave any juices or brown bits.
4. Tip the boiled potatoes and butter into the pan used to cook the sausages and toss together to coat the potatoes with the melted butter and any pan juices.
5. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and crush lightly with the back of a fork then add the fennel, shallot, celery and rocket.
6. For the dressing: mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust the amount of lemon juice or olive oil if necessary.
7. Pour the dressing over the potato salad and toss together gently to coat all the salad ingredients with the dressing.
8. Serve the warm potato salad alongside the sausages.
Rate This Recipe