- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunches beetroot, with the tops intact
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tinned anchovies, tinned, chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 4 cornichons, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handfuls parsley, chopped
- 1 handfuls tarragon or mint leaves
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pork sausages
For the greens
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. First of all make the beetroot salad. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Wash the beetroot and separate the greens from the roots. Set the greens aside. Toss the beetroot in the oil and salt and wrap each one in kitchen foil. Roast, for about 40-50 minutes, until tender. Leave to cool in the foil.
2. Peel the beetroot by rubbing off the skin with your thumb and finger. Chop into rough dice.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients with the diced beetroots. Season to taste and set aside.
4. Grill the sausages until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the greens. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a gentle heat and cook the garlic, over a gentle heat, for just a minute or so.
6. Peel and core the apples and cut into thin slices. Toss in lemon juice.
7. Turn the heat up and add the apples to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until just starting to brown.
8. Add the beetroot tops, and fry briefly until wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with the sausages and chopped beetroot salad.
Rate This Recipe