- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 slices of white bread
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 chocolate buttons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 40 g butter
- 25 ml Cointreau, Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- juice of 1 and a half lemons
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- 1 tsp ground arrowroot, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 sprig of mint, leaves shredded
- cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Cut out 8 large even-sized rounds from the bread slices.
2. Mash the banana with a third of the lemon juice. Mix with the ground almonds. Spread the mix on 4 rounds of bread. Top each banana-spread round with a chocolate button. Brush the edges with a little of the beaten egg, then cover with the remaining bread rounds sealing like ravioli.
3. Mix together the remaining beaten egg, cream and icing sugar.
4. Heat 25g of butter in a large frying pan until melted. Coat each banana ravioli in the egg mixture. Fry the banana ravioli in the butter until golden on brown sides. Remove the fried banana ravioli from the pan and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, add the Grand Marnier to the pan, heat through, then set alight. Once the flames have died down add the lemon, lime and orange zest and juice, mixing well. Mix in the dissolved arrowroot and simmer for 1 minute. Add the remaining butter and shredded mint.
6. Transfer the banana ravioli to 4 warm serving plates. Pour over the citrus sauce, dust with icing sugar and cocoa and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe