- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 1 knob of butter
- 0.25 apples
- 1 tbsp celery, finely diced
- 1 dashes of white wine
- 1 tbsp aubergines
- 1 tbsp courgettes, finely diced
- 1 tbsp yellow peppers, finely diced
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 0.5 tsp tomato purée
- 1 pinches strands saffron
- 1 brill fillet, (180g)
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
For the Parmesan crisps
- 30 g parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the grill, and heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. For the Parmesan crisps, scatter the grated cheese evenly over a baking sheet.
3. Place under the grill until the cheese has melted to make a complete sheet. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Use a pastry cutter to cut out Parmesan crisps.
4. Heat the butter in a pan. Add the apple and celery. Fry gently, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes until the apple and celery have softened, taking care not to let the butter burn.
5. Add the white wine and cook for 2-3 minutes. Once the mixture has completely softened remove from the heat, puree with a hand blender and set aside, keeping warm.
6. Place the aubergine, courgette and pepper in a frying pan with the olive oil and cook gently, stirring now and then for 5 minutes, until softened.
7. Add the tomato paste and saffron and cook for a further 3 minutes - don't let the vegetables to brown. Set the saffron ratatouille aside, keeping warm.
8. Season the brill fillet. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan, add the brill and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
9. Transfer the brill to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for a further 3 minutes.
10. To serve, place the puree in the centre of a warm plate and arrange the brill on top. Shape the ratatouille into an oval shape, a little larger than a nutmeg and place on top of the brill. Garnish with the parmesan crisps and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe