- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g lamb's sweetbreads
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- small knob ginger, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- pinchlight brown sugar
- bunch coriander, roughly chopped
1. Blanch the sweetbreads in boiling water, drain and prick them all over with a skewer.
2. Season the sweetbreads with salt and pepper and dust in the flour.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sweetbreads and fry gently until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the chillies, ginger and garlic to the pan and fry until softened. Add the lime juice, water, fish sauce, sugar and coriander and remove for the heat. Season.
5. Arrange the sweetbreads on a plate and spoon over the sauce.
Rate This Recipe