- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 ripe peaches
- 50 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 2 punnets of blueberries, (250g)
- 6 tbsp orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- vanilla ice cream
- aged balsamic vinegar
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Have ready a bowl of iced water.
2. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score the peach skin in a couple of places. Drop into the boiling water and leave for 5 seconds. Remove and immediately plunge into the iced water. Peel the peaches (the skin should slip off easily after the shock treatment) and cut into wedges.
3. Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once it is sizzling, add the peach segments and fry for a couple of minutes, turning once to cook the other side.
4. Sprinkle in the sugar and fry for a few minutes until the peaches are slightly caramelised.
5. Add the blueberries and the liqueur. Ignite with a long taper. Once the flames have died down, remove from the heat.
6. Spoon fruit into bowls and pour sauce over top.
7. Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar.
Rate This Recipe