- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp palm oil
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 8 okra, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches of spring greens, stalks removed and cut into thin strips
- black pepper
- 2 clove garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Tips and Suggestions
This side dish is great with any grilled chicken or fish
1. Mix the oils and heat half of the mixture in a frying pan. Add the okra and fry over high heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Blanch the spring greens in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water, then drain again thoroughly.
3. Add the remaining oil mixture and the garlic to the frying pan over medium heat, then add the drained blanched greens. Fry quickly over high heat until the greens are tender but not overcooked. Add the okra back to the pan, season with salt and pepper and warm through.
4. Serve with the sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Rate This Recipe