- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large sweetcorn, on the cob
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers
- 1 small green peppers
- 1½ tbsp cream cheese
1. Using a serrated knife, cut the kernels from the cob, keeping as close to the
cob as possible.
2. Heat the butter in a pan until foaming. Add the cumin seeds and cook for 20 seconds, or until the seeds start to darken and release their aromas. Add the onion and gently fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
3. Add the sweetcorn kernels, jalapeño peppers and season to taste with salt. Stir well and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the corn is tender but still crisp. Add a splash of water if the pan seems too dry.
4. Stir in the cream cheese until melted, then season again to taste. Serve.
Rate This Recipe