- Serves: Makes one circular loaf
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr rising time
- Effort: easy
- 450 g plain flour
- 180 ml milk
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 5 g salt
- 90 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 g butter
- chocolate mini eggs, to decorate
For the chocolate custard:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 300 ml thick custard
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, milk, yeast, salt, sugar, eggs and butter, beating well for 6 minutes until smooth.
2. Pour into a savarin ring and set aside to rise for 1 hour until light to touch.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Bake the savarin for 25 minutes until golden brown.
4. Turn out the savarin and brush with melted apricot jam or a sugar syrup (made from 50/50 sugar and water) to glaze it. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water. Fold the melted chocolate into the custard.
6. Place the savarin on a serving dish. Fill the centre with the chocolate sauce then decorate with mini eggs. Serve.
Rate This Recipe