- Serves: Makes 6 pancakes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 24 medium wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- 60 g spelt flour
- 170 g cooked brown and wild rice
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- taleggio or fontina cheese, to serve
- rocket, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic and mushrooms together for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the salt and pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until mushrooms have released their juice. Sprinkle the lemon juice over mushrooms, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl, then stir in the flour, rice, spring onions, and crumbled feta. Carefully mix in mushrooms, without breaking them up (reserve some of the mushrooms to serve on the side of the pancakes, if desired).
4. Place the pan over a medium heat and spoon a small spoonful of egg mixture into the centre of the pan, so that it spreads to about a 7cm wide circle. Cook the pancake for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat until all the egg mixture is used.
5. Serve each pancake with a sprinkling of the taleggio/fontina, any remaining mushrooms, a handful of rocket and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe