- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml duck fat
- 12 fat veal and herb sausages
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200 ml red wine
For the crêpes:
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks and cooked until soft
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter, for frying
1. Set the oven to 200°C/ gas 6. Heat the duck fat in a frying pan and gently fry the sausages for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown all over. Transfer them to a roasting pan and top with the sliced onion.
2. Pour in the red wine, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
3. Meanwhile, mash the potatoes and put them into a large bowl with the milk, flour and eggs, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Heat a little butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and drop tablespoons of the potato mixture into the pan, leaving a little space in between each to allow for spreading. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and then flip over with a palette knife. Cook for a further minute. Repeat until all the mixture is used up, keeping the cooked potato pancakes warm in a low oven as you do so.
5. Serve the sausages with the pancakes and pour the red wine sauce over.
Rate This Recipe