- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 tinned anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and soaked if salted
- 2 lemons, finely grate zest of 1, chop other into quarters
- 60 g prosciutto ham, roughly chopped
- 1 chicken liver, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sage leaves
- finely chopped parsley
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts from one long side almost to the other, so that they can be opened up to a butterfly shape.
2. Sandwich each breast between two layers of greaseproof paper or cling film, and then beat with a rolling pin until very thin. Season lightly with salt, and more vigorously with freshly ground pepper.
3. Mix together the garlic, anchovies, capers, lemon zest, prosciutto and chicken liver, and chop them finely together.
4. Heat the olive oil in 2 wide frying pans over a medium heat, then divide the chopped mixture between them.
5. Fry the mixture for about 1 and a half to 2 minutes, add the sage and reduce the heat.
6. Lay two of the flattened chicken breasts on top of this mixture in each pan, overlapping as little as possible, then cover the pans using lids, plates or foil.
7. Leave to cook for a further 5-10 minutes, turning the chicken over half way through, until cooked through.
8. Serve straight away, scattered with the anchovy and caper hash, and some fresh parsley, laying a wedge of lemon alongside each one.
Rate This Recipe