- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 x 1.5 cm thick slices black pudding
- 12 x 1.5 cm thick slices chorizo, cut from a thin sausage
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 12 scallops, without roes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the measured oil in a large frying pan, add the black pudding and fry for a few minutes until both sides start to get crispy. Remove and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
2. Repeat this with the chorizo and this time pour in the sherry just as the chorizo becomes crisp. Remove the chorizo and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Rub another 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the scallops and season. Sear the scallops in the same hot pan for 30 seconds on each side. Remove the scallops, reserving any juices in the pan. Thread the scallops with the black pudding and the chorizo onto four skewers to give two skewers per person.
4. Stir the mustard into the reserved juices in the pan with the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil. Mix together well and leave to bubble for a few seconds. Stir the parsley into the sauce, then spoon it over the skewers.
Rate This Recipe