- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 12 fresh scallops, shelled
- 150 ml fresh fish or vegetable stock
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 clove garlic, pounded into a paste
- 75 g shredded carrots
- 75 g leeks, shredded
- 250 g unsalted butter, cubed
- black pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- sprigs chervil
- sprigs coriander
- olive oil, for dressing
1. Cut each scallop into 3 or 4 slices, depending on their thickness.
2. Put the stock and white wine into a saucepan along with the ginger, garlic, carrot and leek and bring to the boil.
3. Cook briskly for 2 minutes, then add in the sliced scallops.
4. Begin to add in butter cubes, shaking the pan from side to side.
5. Continue adding in the butter and shaking the pan until the butter has emulsified and the sauce is the desired consistency.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add in lemon juice to taste.
7. Serve in bowls, topping each serving with a bunch of chervil, coriander and chives, dressed with a little olive oil.
Rate This Recipe