- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 16-20 asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 12 scallops, out of their shells
- 6 tbsp sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- salt and black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Lime or lemon juice can be added to the sour cream for a sharper citrus flavour. Whisk a few teaspoons of tarragon vinegar into a few tablespoons of olive oil for an instant dressing to spoon over.
1. Snap the woody end from each asparagus spear and discard. Tip the asparagus into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook for several minutes until tender. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the Parma ham slices to the pan and fry for a few minutes on both sides, until it becomes crisp, like crackling. Place the rashers to one side, keeping them warm.
3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, fry them in the hot pan over a high heat for 1-1½ minutes, until golden brown. Turn and repeat the same cooking time on the other side.
4. Spoon the sour cream onto a serving plate and brush the asparagus spears with butter, before laying them on top. Arrange the scallops over the asparagus, topping with the Parma ham crackling.
Rate This Recipe