- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- handfuls purple sprouting broccoli, woody ends of stalks removed, any thick stalks cut in half
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 small haggis
- 5 scallops, cleaned and prepared
- butter, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, very finely chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the sprouting broccoli in lightly salted, boiling water until just tender.
2. Slice the haggis into three 1cm discs. Oil a pan with a little vegetable oil and fry the haggis gently, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and a little crisp.
3. Season the scallops with salt. Add to the pan with the haggis and gently cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. (You want them to be golden and crisp on each side but not overcooked in the middle.)
4. Once youve turned the scallops and haggis, add 2 knobs of butter to the pan along with the garlic and chives. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. To serve, drain the broccoli and add a couple of stalks to the serving plate. Dot with a spoonful of garlic/chive butter, add a couple of slices of haggis, top with scallops, drizzling remaining garlic/chive butter over everything. Serve immediately, with a lemon wedge on the side.
Rate This Recipe