- Serves: 2 as a starter
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 jerusalem artichokes, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 12 scallops, removed from the shell, without roe
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemons, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Place the prepared artichokes in a pan of cold water and boil for 3-5 minutes. Alternatively, you could steam them. Drain, cool, and cut into small dice - about 5mm.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, and when hot, add the butter, followed by the artichokes. Fry until golden and crisp, before taking the pan off the heat and draining off any excess oil and butter.
3. Leave the artichoke in the pan until ready to serve - don't keep it for longer than a few minutes though, otherwise they'll become soggy.
4. Meanwhile, brush each scallop with a small amount of oil from the bottom of the frying pan, and arrange on a baking tray. Roast the scallops in a hot oven for 5 minutes - until just cooked and creamy white in colour.
5. Warm the artichokes through on a gentle heat, stir in the parsley, and spoon over each scallop. Serve straight away, dusted with pepper and accompanied with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe