- Serves: 4-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 2 small smoked scamorza cheeses or 300g mozzarella, sliced thinly or grated coarsely
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp sage
1. Preheat the grill. Toast the ciabatta slices on one side only.
2. Remove the bread from the grill. Turn the bread over and brush each slice with olive oil, then arrange all the scamorza cheese on the top.
3. Brush generously with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with the sage leaves or ground bay leaves.
4. Return to the grill and cook until the cheese is soft without being runny. Regulate the heat with care so the cheese melts without burning the bread.
5. Serve at once, drizzled with any remaining oil.
Rate This Recipe