- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75 g caster sugar
- 30 g baking powder
- 75 g butter, softened
- 230 ml milk
- 100 g semi-dried berries
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- jam and cream, to serve
1. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 6. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Sieve the flour into the bowl of a food mixer and add the eggs, sugar, baking powder, butter and milk. Using a paddle blade, mix for about 2 minutes on slow speed.
3. Add the dried fruit and mix until evenly combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness of 5cm. Gently cut the dough into rounds using a pastry cutter.
5. Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet and brush with the egg wash. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
6. Remove the scones from the fridge and brush the tops again with egg wash, being careful not to let it dribble down the sides.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little. Serve warm with jam and cream.
Rate This Recipe