- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.2 kg sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 350 g plum tomatoes
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, cut in half, reserve a pinch of chilli seeds to garnish
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Put the sweet potatoes, onion, tomatoes and chillies into a large roasting tray and drizzle over the olive oil (it may be best to use two trays to ensure even cooking).
2. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender and just coloured.
3. Remove and put in a food processor.
4. Add the coconut milk and half the stock and blend until smooth.
5. Pass through a large sieve directly into a saucepan, add the remaining stock and reheat.
6. Serve topped with a swirl of yogurt and a few crushed chilli seeds, if desired.
Rate This Recipe