- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 450 g mixed blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, halved or sliced depending on their size
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 3 tbsp oil or butter, for frying
1) Warm the jam and lemon juice in a saucepan, stirring until the jam has melted. Add the berries and warm together then take off the heat.
2) To make the pancakes, sift the flour and sugar into a bowl then make a well. Whisk together the eggs and milk then beat into the flour until smooth.
3) Heat a large non-stick frying pan, brush with a little butter or oil then add spoonfuls of the pancake batter, a little spaced apart and cook over a medium heat for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden. Turn them over and cook for a few more minutes until golden and cooked through.
4) Remove the pancakes and keep hot in a folded teacloth. Brush the pan with a little more butter or oil and continue cooking in batches of pancakes until all the mixture is used up.
5) Divide the pancakes between four serving plates, spoon over the warm berries and serve with custard or natural yogurt.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries.
Rate This Recipe