- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed to a purée
- 2 knobs of ginger, cut into thin strips and refreshed in iced water
- 1 sea bass, scaled, approx 250g
- black pepper
- 1 small head of white-stemmed bok choy
- 2 stalks of gaai laan
- 2 stalks of ong choy
- 75 g butter
- 50 ml dry Amontillado sherry
- 25 ml light soy sauce
1. Cut the sea bass into five even-sized pieces. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper then rub with the garlic purée.
2. Place the bok choy, gaai laan and ong choy onto a large sheet of baking parchment.
3. Top with the sea bass, then sprinkle over the ginger, dot with the butter and drizzle with the sherry and soy sauce.
4. Wrap the parchment up over the fish and greens, forming a neat parcel.
5. Steam the parcel for 6 minutes.
6. Transfer the parcel to a serving plate and snip open the top at the table to release the aroma.
Rate This Recipe