- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 red peppers, chopped
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 4 sea bass, each 125g, bones removed but skin on
- black pepper
- 100 g bean sprouts
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 jar of mango chutney
1. In the food processor or blender blend together the chopped red pepper and water for 2 minutes.
2. Transfer the red pepper mixture to a saucepan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until reduced by three-quarters.
3. In a large, heavy-based frying pan heat the olive oil and butter. Season the sea bass with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Fry the sea bass, skin side down, over a high heat until the skin is crispy, around 3-5 minutes. Turn the fillets over and leave in the pan but turn off the heat.
5. Toss the bean sprouts with lime juice, sesame oil and chopped coriander. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. In a small saucepan heat the mango chutney through.
7. Spoon the hot mango chutney on a serving dish Top with the bean sprout salad and the fried sea bass. Drizzle the red pepper essence around the edges of the dish and serve.
Rate This Recipe