- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chilli and sesame sauce:
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 200 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 20 g caster sugar
- 20 g coriander, roughly chopped
For the fish:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 large chilli, finely sliced
- 40 g fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 4 large fillets of sea bass, with skin scored
- 2 large bok choy, roughly chopped
- 80 g shiitake mushrooms
- 160 g bean sprouts
Tips and Suggestions
You can find bok choi and shitake mushrooms at any good supermarket or Asian speciality food stores
1. For the chilli and sesame sauce: Toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan until golden brown. Mix the fish sauce with the chilli sauce, sesame seeds and caster sugar until combined and then stir in the coriander.
2. For the fish: Add the olive oil to a frying pan and add the garlic, chilli and ginger until soft.
3. Add the sea bass to a frying pan fry skin side down until skin is cooked and crispy, leave it skin side down and finish under a medium grill for a few minutes.
4. Whilst the fish is cooking, add the mushrooms to the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the bok choy and beansprouts, keep mixing until the bok choy has started to wilt.
5. Serve the fish on top of the vegetables finishing with a generous drizzle of the sauce.
Recipe from Loch Fyne restaurants
Rate This Recipe