- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole sea bream, each 500gcleaned and scaled but left whole
- 4 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red chilli, thinly chopped
- handful of leaves basil
- 400 ml water
- crusty bread, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. When hot add the bream followed by the garlic, tomatoes, basil and salt.
2. Add the water, turn down the heat slightly and cook the fish for 7 minutes on each side. Each side is cooked through when the eye of the fish whitens.
3. Remove the fish and place on a warm serving dish.
4. Increase the heat below the frying pan and briskly cook the tomato sauce for 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the fish.
5. Serve at once with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Rate This Recipe