- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad:
- 4 small oranges
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 4 tsp small capers, rinsed and drained
- 16 good-quality black olives, pitted and halved
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
For the fish:
- 8 fillets of sea bream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. For the salad: Cut a thin slice off the top and bottom of each orange and slice away all the skin, ensuring the white pith is completely removed. Then cut either side of each segment of fruit, close to the dividing membrane, down into the centre of the orange
2. Add the onion to the bowl of orange segments with the capers and black olives and mix together gently.
3. For the vinaigrette: Whisk the orange juice, vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl and add some seasoning to taste. Stir in the chopped parsley.
4. For the fish: Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Rub the bream fillets with oil and season on both sides. Add the fillets, skin-side down, to the pan and cook for 45 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Carefully turn the fillets over with a palette knife and cook for a further 2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and leave the fish to finish cooking in the heat of the pan.
5. Gently stir 4 teaspoons of the vinaigrette into the salad and adjust the seasoning to taste. Spoon some of the salad onto each plate and rest the fish fillets on top. Drizzle a little more of the vinaigrette over the fish and around the edge of the plate.
Rate This Recipe