- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 75 g soaked chickpeas
- 400 ml fish stock, infused with 2g saffron strands
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1x fillet black gilthead bream
- 200 g large leaf spinach
- 50 ml olive oil, infused overnight with gremolata, i.e. lemon zest, chopped parsley, and pinch ground turmeric
- 50 g crème fraîche, hung in a muslin cloth overnight in the fridge to drain
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Place the chickpeas in a pan with half the infused fish stock and cook until the chickpeas are slightly tender.
3. Heat a frying pan until very hot and add the olive oil. Seal the bream skin side down until the skin starts to colour round the edges. Put in the oven for 6 minutes.
4. Place the remaining fish stock in a stainless steel pan with the spinach and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Cook steadily until reduced by two-thirds.
5. Place the spinach in the centre of a large deep bowl and place the fillet of bream across the spinach. Pour the remaining stock over the fish.
6. To serve: drizzle the infused oil and drained crème fraiche over the top.
Rate This Recipe