- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 6 tinned artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 100 g sun-blushed tomatoes, halved
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 1/2 small bunch of basil, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 4 large sea bream, filletsskinned
- vegetable or sunflower oil, for brushing
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp black olive tapenade
For the citrus sauce:
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small bunch of basil, leaves picked from the stalks, thickly sliced
- cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Halve the artichokes lengthways and remove the chokes. Mix the artichoke halves with the sun-blush tomatoes, the olive oil, the lemon zest and juice and basil. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
3. Place the sea bream fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 8 or so minutes until just cooked.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Using a zester, remove the zest from the orange and lemon and place in a small frying pan.
5. Next peel the orange and lemon and remove the segments with a small, very sharp knife. Add the orange and lemon segments to the pan and squeeze out the juice from the cores.
6. Add the olive oil to the pan and bring to the boil. Boil fiercely until slightly reduced and emulsified. Add in the basil, season with salt and cayenne pepper and keep warm.
7. Remove the sea bream fillets from the oven and spread a tablespoon of black olive tapenade over each fillet.
8. Spoon the artichoke mixture onto four serving plates. Top each portion with a sea bream fillet, spoon around the citrus sauce and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe