- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sea bream
- 1 Cippolini onion, sliced
- 1 large handful mixed tomatoes, such as Tiger, Cowheart, vine yellow tomatoes, sliced into bitesized wedges or halves
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- splash of balsamic vinegar
1. Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the fish on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place into the pan skin-side down.
2. Fry the fish for 2-3 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden-brown and the flesh is beginning to turn opaque around the edges. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the fish is completely cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil to a small pan and fry the onions for 1-2 minutes, or until softened but not coloured. Add the tomatoes and stir in the basil and flat-leaf parsley. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and stir through. Remove from the heat.
4. To serve, spoon the warm tomato salad onto a plate and top with the sea bream, skin-side up.
Rate This Recipe