- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 ml white wine
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 500 g sea kale, to serve
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
2. For the hollandaise, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, skimming off the white impurities that float to the surface of the butter.
3. Tip the egg yolks, white wine and vinegar into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water or the heat will be too fierce) and whisk together for about 5 minutes until the mixture has doubled in volume.
4. Very slowly whisk in the hot butter, adding it drop by drop to begin with, until you have a thick, smooth sauce.
5. Season with a splash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper and keep warm.
6. Tip the sea kale into the pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain well and serve with sea salt and the hollandaise in a dipping bowl alongside.
Rate This Recipe