- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 ml strong fish stock
- 450 ml strong chicken stock
- 200 g cooked white beans, (haricot blanc)
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 100 ml double cream
- 200 g salmon, diced
- 12 medium-sized raw prawns, peeled
- 8 baby squid rings
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 12 leaves baby gem lettuce, sliced
- 4 tsp tomato concassé
- 60 g parmesan
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- 4 sprigs chervil, kept in iced water
Tips and Suggestions
To make tomato concassé, peel, core and de-seed a fresh tomato and chop the flesh to the desired size.
1. Heat the fish stock and chicken stock together in a large saucepan. Add the beans and simmer until very soft.
2. Cool slightly, then transfer the mixture to a blender and liquidise until smooth.
3. Return the soup to the saucepan and season to taste. Add the double cream and bring to a boil. Add the salmon, prawns, squid and mushrooms and simmer gently until the seafood is just cooked - be careful not to overcook the fish.
4. Just before serving, stir the lettuce into the soup. Ladle into four bowls, ensuring there is an equal amount of seafood in each bowl. Garnish with the tomato concassé, grated parmesan, truffle oil and fresh chervil and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe