- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 4 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 large shallots, peeled and sliced
- 6baby potatoes, washed, parboiled and sliced
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 g monkfish fillet, sliced in half
- 6 medium tiger prawns, shell on, cut in half
- 12 live mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 24 fresh cockles, well rinsed
- 1 pinches black pepper
For the basil butter
- 1 bunches basil
- 60 g unsalted butter
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the garlic, shallots and potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine and bring to the boil. Add the monkfish, prawns, mussels and cockles. Cover and simmer gently for 6 minutes.
2. While the seafood is cooking, whiz the basil and butter together in a small blender.
3. After 6 minutes, remove the seafood from the heat, check that all of the shellfish have opened and add the basil butter in little knobs over the top. Shake the pan so that the butter coats everything and leave to sit for 2 minutes. Serve straight from the pan.
Rate This Recipe