- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chilli:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped and separated into green and white parts
- 2 dried chipotle chillies
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tins of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tins of turtle beans
- 200 g mixed prepared seafood
- 200 g fish pie mix
- 200 g tin of sweetcorn, drained
For the sour cream sauce:
- 200 g soured cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, plus extra wedges for serving
For the tortillas:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tortillas
Tips and Suggestions
The tomato chilli is even better made the day before, it lets the spices infuse the mix. Just fry up the seafood and make the bowls before serving.
The sour cream can also be mixed a day before hand.
Place the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds if they are very stiff and not pliable.
1. For the chilli:Add the oil, onion, white part of the spring onion, chillies, and garlic to a large pot. Fry on a medium heat until the onions are translucent and soft, this will take about 10 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and cherry tomatoes plus 2 tins of water then leave to simmer for 40 minutes before adding the turtle beans and simmering for 5 more minutes.
3. For the sour cream sauce: While the chilli is simmering, add the lime zest and juice into a bowl with the soured cream. Mix with a pinch of salt and set aside until needed.
4. For the tortillas: Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and place 6 ovenproof mugs onto a baking tray. Rub the oil on the tortillas and place oil side down onto the mug; this is to stop it from sticking. Press the tortilla so it fits around tightly around the mug. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
5. 5 minutes before serving, heat a large non stick pan with the oil. When the oil is hot add the fish. Shake the pan to make sure the fish doesnt stick. After 2 minutes add the seafood and sweetcorn.
6. Stir and taste the tomato chilli for seasoning and heat, add some more chilli if desired.
7. To serve, place a tortilla bowl on each plate and ladle in the chilli mix, a dollop of sour cream and top with the seafood and sweetcorn. Sprinkle some the green parts of the spring onion and garnish with a wedge of lime. Serve immediately.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at lots more of our spicy recipes.
Rate This Recipe