- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the gateau
- 320 g ready-cooked poached salmon
- 350 ml mayonnaise
- bunches chives, snipped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 500 g cooked prawns, peeled
- bunches parsley, chopped
- pinches paprika
- 1 unsliced white sandwich loaf bread
For the garnish
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
1. Flake the poached salmon into a bowl and stir in the half the mayonnaise. Add the chives, cucumber and half the lemon juice.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the prawns into the remaining mayonnaise and add the lemon juice. Stir in the parsley and sprinkle in the paprika.
3. Take a large sandwich loaf and trim off all the crusts.
4. Slice horizontally into 4 pieces.
5. Layer the pieces of bread with the alternate fillings and reassemble the loaf to its original shape.
6. Garnish with mayonnaise, lemon wedges, sprigs of curly parsley and slivers of cucumber. Slice and serve.
Rate This Recipe