- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg mixed prepared seafood
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp strands saffron
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml tamarind sauce
- 200 g long grain rice, washed
- 6 palm hearts
- 600 ml fish stock
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- handful of coriander, finely chopped
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shellfish until just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside in a cool place.
2. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and stir in the cloves, coriander seeds, garam masala, cinnamon sticks, saffron, paprika, garlic, chilli, onion and tamarind sauce.
3. Add the rice and the palm hearts and bubble for a few seconds. Gradually add the fish stock, stirring occasionally. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add the lobster, crabmeat, monkfish and calamari and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or so, until the rice is tender and the fish is lightly cooked.
5. Stir in the tomato and the lime juice.
6. Just before serving, remove the cinnamon sticks. Add the reserved cooked shellfish and the coriander and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe