- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 75 g roasted tomatoes
- pinch of saffron
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- black pepper
- 50 ml Pernod
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 400 ml water
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- mixed fish, such as squid, weever fish, gurnard, whiting, pouting, caribeneros prawns, velvet crab, cockles, winkles, langoustine, rock salmon
- 1 slices bread, grilled
- 2 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
1. Heat the oil in a casserole over a medium heat and gently fry the shallots and garlic until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes, saffron and thyme and crush with the back of a fork, until you have a paste.
3. Add a pinch of salt and the Pernod; boil until the Pernod has completely reduced. Add the wine and boil again until this has reduced completely.
4. Stir in the water and half of the parsley, bring to the boil then add the fish.
5. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, and then add the shellfish. Cook until the cockles, clams and mussels have opened.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the rest of the parsley. Serve straight from the cooking pan, topped with the grilled bread and aioli.
Rate This Recipe