- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 180 g brill fillet, skins removed
- 6 x 1 cm slices black pudding
- 3 scallops, diver-caught
- 1 large potato, boiled and sliced
- 2 tbsp samphire
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 6 asparagus
- 1 cooked beetroot, sliced
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
For the red wine sauce
- 150 ml red wine
- 200 ml beef stock
For the basil oil
- 1 small handfuls basil
- 150 ml olive oil
- chilli oil, to garnish
1. For the sauce; simmer the red wine and beef stock until well-reduced and syrupy. Set aside
2. For the basil oil, pour the olive oil into a liquidiser and add the basil. Process until smooth, before straining through a fine sieve. Set aside.
3. For the fish; heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the brill for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
4. Add the black pudding slices, scallops and cooked potato. Fry, for about 30 seconds on both sides, and season well.
5. Stir in the samphire and garlic and toss gently to mix everything together.
6. Arrange the cold asparagus and beetroot on a plate, and add the hot black pudding, scallops, potato and samphire. Place the brill on top and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
7. Reheat the sauce and drizzle around the fish. Garnish with basil oil and chilli oil.
Rate This Recipe