- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 x 415g tin of borlotti beans, drained
- 125 g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered (4 reserved whole)
- handful of basil
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600 g calves' liver
For the garnish:
- sprigs rosemary
1. Heat the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and simmer until it reduces by half. Add the caster sugar, stir until dissolved, then set aside to cool. Transfer into a clean squeezy bottle.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, gently heat the borlotti beans with the chorizo, quartered cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Season the vegetable oil well with salt and freshly ground pepper and brush the liver with the seasoned oil.
4. Heat a griddle until very hot, then sear the liver on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, using the squeezy bottle, zig-zag the balsamic syrup onto 4 plates.
6. Place a spoonful of the borlotti bean mixture in the centre of each plate. Top with the seared liver.
7. Garnish with rosemary, reserved cherry tomatoes and a dusting of paprika. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe