- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 new potatoes
- 2 slices ciabatta bread, or Italian rustic bread
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 120 g butter
- 1 small lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 4 mackerel fillets
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of slightly salted boiling water until soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Brush the bread with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and cook on both sides until crisp. Remove from the heat and then rub all over with the garlic clove.
3. Soften the butter, add the lemon zest and juice and the chopped rosemary. Set aside.
4. Chop the potatoes into 1cm dice, leaving the skin on. Place in a bowl and add the shallots, mayonnaise and chives. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan, and add the remaining oil. Score and season the mackerel fillets and cook for 2 minutes, skin side down. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the lemon and rosemary butter.
6. Place a warm garlic crostini on each of two dinner plates and divide the potato salad between each. Top with the mackerel fillets and spoon the warm lemon and rosemary butter over and around. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe