- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 650 g squid
- 75 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp ouzo
For the dressing
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 170 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Clean the squid, removing the backbone and head, and separating the tentacles from the body.
2. Brush the squid with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a griddle or wok and place the squid in the hot pan and brown on all sides.
4. Add the ouzo to the pan. Ignite at the edge of the pan, using a long match and cook for a few seconds until the flame disappears.
5. To make the dressing: mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano, chilli, salt, and pepper.
6. Remove the squid from the griddle and mix with the marinade while still hot.
Rate This Recipe