- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 200g monkfish fillets, skin and membrane removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- large knob of butter
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 50 g spinach leaves
- handful rocket, to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the monkfish. Drizzle the monkfish with a little extra olive oil and top each fillet with a knob of butter. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon or fish slice and set aside on a warm plate.
2. Tip the red pepper slices into same pan used to cook the fish and simmer gently in the residual cooking juices for 5 minutes, or until softened. Pour in the red wine vinegar and sugar and simmer until the volume of liquid has reduced by two-thirds.
3. While the peppers are cooking, melt a knob of butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until just wilted. Drain off any excess liquid.
4. To serve, spoon the spinach and peppers onto warm serving plates. Sit the monkfish on top, scatter over the rocket leaves and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Rate This Recipe