- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g roebuck liver
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml red wine
- 200 ml rich beef or venison stock
- 30 g black truffles, chopped
- 1 kg courgettes, cut into large slices
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50 ml double cream
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Place the roebuck loin in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for about 6-7 minutes until the juices run clear. Remove the meat from the tin and keep warm.
3. Heat the olive oil in the roasting tin and cook the courgettes in the oven for about 20 minutes until tender.
4. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well and mash with the cream and butter. Stir in the black truffle.
5. To make the sauce, heat the wine and stock in a pan until boiling. Cook steadily until reduced by about three-quarters.
6. Combine the flour and butter to make a paste and stir into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, slice the roebuck loin and arrange on serving plates with the courgettes and mashed potatoes. Serve with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe