- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 medium cucumber
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon, escalopes, thin
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 100 ml dry vermouth
- 1 tbsp capers
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 lemons, juice, freshly squeezed to taste
1. Halve the cucumbers lengthways and scrape out the seeds. Finely shred the cucumber halves lengthways into long thin shreds, using a mandolin. Spread out the cucumber shreds on kitchen paper (to soak up excess moisture) and store in the refrigerator until needed.
2. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add in the olive oil, heat through briefly and add in the salmon escalopes.
3. Season the salmon with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat up the vermouth. Add in the cucumber shreds and gently heat through the cucumber.
5. Add the capers and butter to the cucumber and shake the pan from side to side to help the mixture emulsify. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and lemon juice.
6. Divide the cucumber among 4 serving plates. Top each portion with a salmon escalope, turning the salmon over so that the fried side is upwards. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe