- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1 tbsp pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- small bunch of basil, roughly torn
- 4 portions freshly cooked linguine, or other pasta
- black pepper
- 4 thinly-cut salmon
- few squeezes of lemon juice
- 4 dollops of crème fraîche
1. Heat two large frying pans on the stove.
2. Add a little olive oil to one of the heated pans, then the shallot and the crushed garlic.
3. Fry for 1 minute, stirring, then add in the olive paste, basil and pasta. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Put a little olive oil in the other hot pan. Season the salmon with salt and freshly ground pepper and add to the oil.
5. Sear over high heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
6. While the salmon is searing divide the pasta among 4 warm serving bowls.
7. Top each pasta portion with a salmon steak. Over each serving, squeeze over a little more lemon juice then top with a dollop of crème fraîche and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe