- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 260 g lardons of bacon, (cubetti di pancetta)
- 2 baby gem lettuce, finely shredded
- 200 ml vegetable, chicken or fish stock
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 40 g butter
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 salmon, each 175g, cut into thin strip
1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until quite hot and add in the lardons. Turn down the heat and gently fry the lardons for 2-3 minutes, stirring around, until the fat starts to run and they begin to take on a bit of colour.
2. Throw in the shredded lettuce and stir around for a minute to coat with the fat from the lardons. Pour in the stock, season with Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, half-covered for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in the peas and parsley, mixing well. Bring to the boil and add in the butter. Let this melt into the mixture, then taste and add a squeeze or two of lemon juice to lift it.
4. Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan. When hot add in the sunflower oil. Add the salmon strips and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Serve the seared salmon at once with the peas, lettuce and bacon.
Rate This Recipe