- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 01 unwaxed lemons, juice and zest
- 800 g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- black pepper
For the relish
- large handful flat leaf parsley
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, liced
- tbsp small capers
- 1 tbsp cornichons, hopped
- 01/2 lemons, juice only
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the tuna
- 4 tuna steaks, each 200g
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 15 g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Make the dressing by combining the olive oil with the lemon juice and zest. Season generously with salt and black pepper.
2. Tip the beans and onions into a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and leave to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
3. To make the sun-dried tomato relish, blend the parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and cornichons together with the lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Smear the tuna steaks with a little oil and then season generously. Add the tuna steaks to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly charred but still pink in the middle.
5. Just before serving stir the chopped parsley into the beans.
6. To serve, divide the salad between four serving plates, place a piece of tuna on top and finally top with a spoonful of relish.
Rate This Recipe